Saturday, May 23, 2009

Random things that are EUGE


(copied and posted from my Facebook account - eugeboy@gmail.com)

1. I am very proud of my family, both immediate and extended.

2. One of my best friends died suddenly in my home 3 years ago and my outlook about everything has changed since then.


3. I used to live with and was kept by a wealthy stripper in Boston.

4. I was once thrown into a Turkish prison (dirt floors and blood on the walls) and was held there for a day.

5. My best friend growing up in the Philippines was Lou Diamond Phillips.

6. I have fallen out of a car going about 35 miles per hour.

7. I have flipped over a tractor trailer (18 wheeler) while going around a tight curve.

8. In college I did aerial photography for the EPA. One night the pilot let me fly while he took a nap. We hit a storm front and I couldn’t wake him up. I got air sick for the first time.

9. I have been on nearly every ship and 2 submarines in the 7th fleet including the Constellation.

10. I was at Clark Air Force Base on the runway to greet the Vietnam POW’s when they were released.

11. President Ford’s limo ran me and my bicycle off the road on Andrews Air force base when I was 12 – they did not stop or slow down.

12. I worked as an industrial x-ray tech in New York for a short time and was part of a two man team that x-rayed the giant cables that anchored the World Trade Centers into the Manhattan bedrock after the first attack by truck bomb.

13. I was part of the production crew that hauled U2’s gear around the US and Canada during their famous Zoo Tour. I drove one of 66 Tractor Trailers in that production.

14. My heart was badly broken from age 25 to age 31. I still do not know why she left.

15. I have never slept with someone I would be embarrassed to introduce to my friends and family.

16. I recently had the premonition to call one of oldest and dearest friends violating a 22 year old order from her husband that we never speak again to find out that her 18 year old son had committed suicide just days before. I felt like someone hit me in the chest with a baseball bat.

17. I did get to talk to the girl who broke my heart one last time a few years after she left: she had dropped off a box with my parents containing all the unopened letters I had written her over the years. I called to ask why she never opened one. She told me that if I really loved her – I could prove it by killing myself. I was so shook, I physically could not respond. I did not speak a word for nearly 7 days.

18. My best friend Tim and I met two beautiful Australian sisters in a bar in Mykonos, Greece and tried all night to charm them – unsuccessfully. The next day, while struggling with my first nude beach experience, they found us and insisted we play Frisbee with them. They were as naked as us but much nicer to look at! I love Frisbee.

19. I once ate an entire bar-b-qued fruit bat roasted on a stick in the jungle as a cub scout.

20. I have owned over 35 cars and trucks and three tractor trailers.

21. I would love to re-visit the Philippines before it’s too late.

22. One of my favorite places in the US is Newport and Depoe Bay Oregon (The entire Oregon Coast)

23. My father is one of five men that I admire.

24. My wife's smell is like catnip to me.

25. A successful life for me would be to have no regrets when my time comes.
___________________________________________________________________
**23 May 2009- Read this blog - "101 Things You Didn't Know About Me" (http://diamondkt.blogspot.com/2006/01/101-things-you-didnt-know-about-me.html)
and decided to disclose more** I don't know why.

#26. The girl in #14, #17 read this note and recognized herself. We corresponded a few times and she finally called and talked for over two hours. I can't remember being so grateful since another man saved my 8 year old son from drowning.

27. My eight year old son swam out to try and save his 12 year old buddy from drowning. His buddy panicked and tried to climb on top of him, pushing him under water. I tried to swim out and get them both but panicked and couldn't breath or swim. A stranger standing on the shore jumped in, swam out and rescued them both. I sat in the water and cried uncontrollably for 20 minutes before I could stand. I still have nightmares about this 2 years later.

28. Since the girl in #26 was gracious enough to help me heal my heartbreak, I did the same thing a couple of days ago for someone whose heart I broke. (I know there was more than one, but I did this one selfishly)

29. I worry that in the long run, I am unlikeable.

30. I secretly fear that my children are losing respect for me (and I don't blame them).

31. I am slightly disgusted with things that are broken but I am tired (and resentful) of fixing things.

32. I am fascinated and concerned by people who think they are broken and never tire of reminding them that they are worthy.

33. I often times do not feel worthy.

34. I no longer think that heaven is what I thought it would be.

35. I usually wish that our dogs and cats would run away or be pet-napped so I wouldn't have to take care of them or clean up their feces and urine; but I could never take them to the pound, kill them or give them away because I suspect they would heart broken and psychologically scarred.

36. I secretly suspect I understand more than most people.

37. I secretly suspect that I am dumber than most people.

38. How a woman smells is as (and sometimes more) important than how she looks.

39. I am only physically attracted to a womans face (ie: could never do it with someone that had a killer body but an unattractive face.)

40. I am pretty sure that I have never been a physically attractive person.

41. I almost always fear that I stink.

42. The more I know about anyone (male or female) the more physically attractive I find them.

43. I love to give help but I am always ashamed to ask for it.

44. I don't believe you have to be a great person to be a great parent.

45. Some days I am afraid of dying and some days I don't want to be alive.

(**NOTE: if I have tagged you in this note, it's because I think you will be able to appreciate my disclosures with out becoming upset or alarmed or insulted or over concerned about me. If that is not true, please email me and I will remove you form the tag list, ok?)

No comments: