Wednesday, July 1, 2009


It is has been a busy day for me to say the least. Picked up my son, Chance from his Youth Leadership-Adventure training at 6:00PM at the end of day 1. Couldn't tell from his expression how he felt about the day. There were a number of cute girls in the training so I couldn't imagine it was a complete loss.

I spoke with Forrest to see what his observations were and he said Chance was an active participant from early on - that's a good sign.

Chance climbed into my pickup just as I was finishing a call and I was tempted to ask him a hundred questions right from the get go. Instead, he offered his feedback as soon as I got off the call: "Well, Dad, I don't regret going"

"Meaning you enjoyed it?"

"Meaning it was better than staying home. And it was probably as good as hanging out. Some parts were real fun." Then he went on for 15 minutes which is a lot for the normally private young man that he is.

I asked what his favorite parts were and he went on to describe his team work exercises and trust exercises. I was slightly surprised and thoroughly pleased. When I asked if he intended to go back tommorrow he said, "I guess..." Let me tell you in ChanceSpeak; that's enthusiasm, baby! More tomorrow...


No comments: