Thursday, April 10, 2008

Journey Journal: A EUGEBOY at LARGE!


Throughout my life I have had many hobbies and passions: comic books, baseball cards, chemistry, drawing, records (45’s!), acting, dancing, friends, partying, travel, cars, girls, weightlifting, girls and of course, girls.

Now my “hobby” and my passion is to understand my life. The things I learned in school helped me get jobs and understand assembly instructions on Christmas morning. The things I learned in church, in books and ‘on the street / playground’ helped me gain friends and dates. But it’s been the things that I have begun to learn since I became a husband and a father that have illuminated the mystery of what I am about.

When I got married in 1993, I was sure that since I had found the perfect girl, it was to be “…and they lived happily ever after.” Well….I am happy, but it hasn’t exactly been smooth sailing the whole way.

Living with a significant other (and a gaggle of kids) can be confusing and frustrating to say the least. Being the confident, well rounded individual that I am, I figured, ‘No problem – I can teach them how to change!”

……Yeah, well….things didn’t quite go like that. You can read about my journey and how it is currently going, by clicking here.

-PS, I would love to hear your comments on how I have handled things and stories about how you thought you have navigated and strategized on your journey.

Namaste, Euge

-PSS, I will begin posting useful links to tools and resources that have lightened my load en-route (enlightened me)

No comments: